The aims of Foundation Futprints can be found below these are a direct translation by Andrew Lisgarten from the Polish version of the Statute (the legal document sent to the judge in Poland for registration of the foundation.) These aims are the legal framework in which the foundation can operate and thus are quiet board. More specific aims will be created for each project.
The objectives and principles of the Foundation.
The aim of the foundation is to work with people within the local communities in order to help; people at risk of social exclusion, those in difficult life situations, people with disabilities and families in need. We want to try to give these people the same equal chances in life as others have, and to counteract social pathologies.
The aim is that thanks to the Foundation’s activities, those in need of care and support will feel important and appreciated and that we will be able to support them in such a way that they are feel enabled to support and help others.
In order to achieve the main objectives the Foundation sets out further specific objectives:
- Empower people socially excluded or likely to be excluded to be able to integrate/reintegrate back into society and to be an active member of the community.
- Provide assistance to the homeless, the poor, the disabled and others in need of assistance, including refugees by providing them with various kinds of support: physical, educational, emotional, medical, therapeutic and other forms of support depending on their needs.
- Enable the members of the community to discover, acquire and develop new skills and share their skills.
- Promote the integration and working together of people from all different age groups, social backgrounds and walks of life. Promoting social inclusion and combating social exclusion.
- Promote health care, health prevention and healthy lifestyles.
- Prevention of social pathologies, such as addictions to alcohol, drugs; and support for people with additions in the process remission and abstinence.
- Promote education, support self-development and an environmentally conscious lifestyle.
- Promote and organise volunteers.
- Encourage and support the beneficiaries of the Foundation in the adoption of a pro-social attitudes aimed at learning to help others.
- Prevent social exclusion, in particular in relation to people with disabilities and threatened by poverty, and to overcome stereotypes concerning the homeless and those less well off.
- Creating a positive image of the regions where the Foundation operates, making them more attractive for visitors, tourists and local residents.
- The promotion of art and culture and intercultural exchange.